- What We Believe
- Who We Serve
- ELCA Witness
MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT
Mobilizing confessing Lutherans for evangelical renewal.
In 3 to 5 years we will see:
1. Lutheran CORE and its mission widely known by all North American Lutherans.
2. Thriving, confessing Lutheran congregations and church bodies.
3. Faithful and effective leaders who seek to fulfill the Great Commission.
4. Members who are actively engaged in supporting and expanding local, continental and global missions.
5. Members who are obedient to God’s word, engaged in their congregations, and actively sharing Christ’s love.
6. Support systems for confessing Lutherans within the ELCA and ELCIC.
LUTHERAN CORE’S PRIMARY CONSTITUENCIES
• Those who remain in the ELCA or ELCIC.
• Those who have left the ELCA or ELCIC.
• Those who are undecided whether to stay or leave.
• Those who are unaware that orthodoxy is challenged in the ELCA and ELCIC.
BOLD STEPS/STRATEGIC GOALS SUMMARY
1. Develop and launch a comprehensive communications and public awareness strategy
2. Establish Intentional Membership Development Program, and a strong operational infrastructure for long-term stability of Lutheran CORE
3. Establish a network that supports and facilitates the accomplishment of Christ’s Great Commission in the world.
4. Effective fellowship, support, education, and training programs that connect and equip members and congregations for discipleship and mission.
CORE (essential) BELIEFS
The Common Confession:
1) The Lord Jesus Christ
We are people who believe and confess our faith in the Triune God — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We trust and believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord.
2) The Gospel of Salvation
We believe and confess that all human beings are sinners, and that sinners are redeemed by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God alone justifies human beings by faith in Christ — a faith which God creates through the message of the Gospel. As ambassadors for Christ, God uses us to speak his Word and build his kingdom.
3) The Authority of Scripture
We believe and confess that the Bible is God’s revealed Word to us, spoken in Law and Gospel. The Bible is the final authority for us in all matters of our faith and life.
4) A Common Confession of Faith
We accept and uphold that the Lutheran Confessions reliably guide us as faithful interpretations of Scripture, and that we share a unity and fellowship in faith with others among whom the Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached and the sacraments are administered in accordance with the Gospel.
5) The Priesthood of All Believers
We believe and confess that the Holy Spirit makes all who believe in Jesus Christ to be priests for service to others in Jesus’ name, and that God desires to make use of the spiritual gifts he has given through the priesthood of all believers.
6) Marriage and Family
We believe and confess that the marriage of male and female is an institution created and blessed by God. From marriage, God forms families to serve as the building blocks of all human civilization and community. We teach and practice that sexual activity belongs exclusively within the biblical boundaries of a faithful marriage between one man and one woman.
7) The Mission and Ministry of the Congregation
We believe and confess that the church is the assembly of believers called and gathered by God around Word and Sacrament, and that the mission and ministry of the church is carried out within the context of individual congregations, which are able to work together locally and globally.